About Me

Inside of me there's a skinny woman SCREAMING to get out....I can usually shut her up with a box of chocolates!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Choc-O-holic!


Okay, okay, I also picked up on the bitchy tone of my last post, but that's what happens when I'm deprived of my chocolate fix. I turn into a raving lunatic. No offence to my skinny friends, but I think lack of chocolate is the reason why most skinny people look miserable.

I stepped onto my digital scale last night, I don't know what possessed me to buy one that's glass on top of it being digital. Back to the issue, I stepped onto the scale and it wouldn't work. Ha ha, I can almost hear you saying, "She's so fat, she broke the scale". I DIDN'T break the scale! I don't know if it needs new batteries but it's not working. So I told my husband that the scale's not working, to which he replied, "You don't need a scale to tell you that you're heavy" SAY WHAT??!!
If the look I gave him didn't kill him, then the next few words that were about to come out of my mouth, would! He IMMEDIATELY back tracked and said, "No love, what I'm trying to say is WE can feel it in our bodies if we're feeling extra heavy or bloated, we don't need the scale to tell us"

Yeah...right!

I decided I had bigger problems than a broken scale, so I let that one slide, but that's a big X against Hubby's name...I'm waiting for our next argument so I can use his comment as ammunition, especially one where I'm at fault. I will pull out the big guns; snot, tears and "YOU DON'T LOVE ME, YOU SAID I'M HEAVY"....He doesn't know it yet, but I've won the argument already! (I am on what you might call, the heavy side, but that's besides the point, HE'S not allowed to say it!!)

I remember a time when I was so skinny that people thought I was sick. Those were the good old days! I didn't mind being called Olive, from Popeye and Olive. I was called Daniel son, from Karate Kid, and my favourite tease was "Sasha, you're so skinny, if you swallowed a whole grape, you'd look pregnant" and "When we go camping you could bring a piece of hose-pipe for a sleeping-bag"

Oh, how I miss those days, but I wouldn't change a thing. I know there's a reason for me eating all this chocolate. It's been said that Einstein was eating chocolate when he came upon the theory of relativity.
Who knows, like Einstein, I might be on the threshold of some amazing new discovery, and no matter the personal sacrifice, I will continue this endeavour of chocolate eating, for the benefit of all humankind.

1 comment:

  1. I SO love your blog! i wish more people would read it! you are the inner voice for us girls!

    ReplyDelete