About Me

Inside of me there's a skinny woman SCREAMING to get out....I can usually shut her up with a box of chocolates!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hi, My name is Sasha, and I'm GREEDY!


I watched Oprah last night with growing irritation. It was about people with food issues, so I was quite interested to see what it was all about, me obviously being one, considering my size.

This is why I got irritated. My question is, are there simply no more people in the world who would confess to being GREEDY? Does everything these days HAVE to have an underlying emotional cause or root?
I confess, I am a good size, because I love to cook and when it tastes good, I sometimes (ok, lots of times) over eat, and thats caused me to gain weight. Yes, I AM GREEDY.
Most of us can admit to having that extra piece of chocolate cake because it tasted so good, some of us just do it more often than others. Coupled with lack of exercise, what more can one expect but growth in stature, unless you have the metabolism of a stick insect! So, lets adjust my previous statement, I'm GREEDY and LAZY.....

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely people out there who use food to medicate an underlying emotional problem, but why is everyone jumping on the bandwagon?

My theory is this... nobody is going to feel sorry for you if you say, "I am fat, because I am greedy". If you say, "I can't deal with stress, so I medicate myself with food, because the food makes the stress go away", people are more inclined to feel sorry for you, rather than judge you.

The more I ponder this phenomenon, the more angry I become. So many people are now jumping on this "emotional root cause" bandwagon, it detracts from or trivializes the cases where some individuals really have an eating disorder.

I say GET REAL.....If I was in an EA (Eating Anonymous) meeting with some of these people, I would stand up and say, "Hi, my name is Sasha and I'm greedy".....How many jaws do you think would drop?

2 comments:

  1. honey i agree with you 200%!!!!!! I'm laughing so loud! I'm loving your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am Tania and I'm GREEDY too. If there's choc cake in my house I eat LOTS of it because it TASTES SO GOOD! I even have it for breakfast. I don't do it because I lost my dad at 55 (I'm 43)it's because I LOVE the taste!

    ReplyDelete