About Me

Inside of me there's a skinny woman SCREAMING to get out....I can usually shut her up with a box of chocolates!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Flab, Drab, Fab....MAD?

I am at a crossroad...the choice is continue to be DRAB and FLAB or to take the proverbial bull by the horns and become FAB(fabulous)....Its not as easy as it sounds. I have spent years perfecting this dreary worn-out mommy look, but when I peek ahead down this road called DRAB, the path looks scary, filled with endless days spent in flip-flops, pony-tails, cargo pants and trim-and-lift underwear!
On the other hand, the road to FAB is equally daunting, shaving, waxing, blow-drying, painting nails and the scariest, most terrifying thing imaginable, diet and exercise!!! Urggghhh goosebumps!

What a dilemma! but I have had an epiphany that has helped me to make up my mind. I thought about what I would look like in my coffin if I died tomorrow. Ok, I know this is weird but just stay with me for a little while and you will see where I am going with this. Think about when you lie flat on your back, your body weight tends to spread out so you look even fatter than you do standing, now imagine it being dead weight? (pardon the pun) lol!! ...woohhh, scary stuff.
Then I realised, I walk around looking like this everyday, flabby and fabulous (that's what I tell myself), yet I wouldn't want anyone to see me like this when I am dead, lying in a coffin! Oh, the pure IRONY of it all!
So, this is what I am doing, starting today (ok, maybe tomorrow, I must still go shopping for all the healthy stuff...umm lets make it Monday, a good day for a fresh start), I am going to LIVE FABULOUSLY!
So, here's to the start of an adventure worth taking, I don't know where this road leads, but it's got to be better than the one I've been taking.


No comments:

Post a Comment