About Me

Inside of me there's a skinny woman SCREAMING to get out....I can usually shut her up with a box of chocolates!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Damn those mirrors!!!

So, I went clothes shopping on Saturday...what a disaster! I had to go to the doctor for anti-depressants afterwards. (looking back now, I should've asked him for diet pills, Duramine maybe...hmm, I'm going to have to take a trip back to the doc)

Why would a retailer put 3 way mirrors in a fitting room? Why would they be SO cruel? Do I REALLY need to look at myself from EVERY angle? I was horrified (to say the least) by what I saw.
My body has dimples in places I never knew dimples could possibly exist, and, am I really THAT rotund? I think those mirrors are magnified. No, I KNOW those mirrors are magnified! I will not believe otherwise....

Oh, and another thing, what's this new trend in clothing supposed to be? I ask for my size, 36 (okay, you got me, 38) and the sales lady tells me that these tops are "free size"?! So I ask what free size is, and she replies that "one size fits all"....excuse me?!
I'm too scared to buy one of these free size thingy's ...in my minds eye I see myself wearing this "top" and thinking I'm all cute and then pass a little size 28 girl wearing the same "top" as a dress. I would die of embarrassment!

Look, I don't know how I'm supposed to lose weight...I'm at a loss. I watch TV and see that there are people who eat when they are depressed, some who eat when they are stressed and some who use food as a crutch to get through life. I thought about why I'm fat and came to this conclusion, I LOVE FOOD! Yes, food is my thing. I love to eat, I love to cook and I love to watch people eat what I cook and then say that it was delicious.
Okay, maybe I can increase the whole exercise thing. My treadmill has been gathering dust and my poor power plate hasn't had some wobbly blubber on it for at least 6 months. I could start with that and then see where it takes me.

I'm tired already, just thinking about it... I wonder if I've burned any calories whilst typing....



1 comment:

  1. you are too much!! lol! I think that all women feel the same way as you do! its great that you are "voicing our thoughts"! we are so similar in so many ways! xoxoxo>>> LOVING your blogs! need to get others to love it too!

    ReplyDelete